Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Best Turkey Sliders Eva!

These are the only turkey burgers I've ever been able to eat, and they are amazing.

I got this recipe for burgers when I was doing the Biggest Loser on-line diet. I saved my favorites and eat them regularly.

When I found the little mini whole wheat Sandwich Thins, I got the idea to make sliders, which makes you feel like you're getting twice as much.

These little beauties only have 56 calories per slider, and 50 calories per whole wheat Sandwich Thin mini. For those of you following along, that's TWO sliders, fully loaded, with fixins, for 212 calories!

I don't bother counting lettuce, tomato & salsa. There's so little of it here, and the calorie counts would be so small, its' a waste of time in my opinion. If you're a real stickler for those sort of things, I suppose you can look it up. My time is too valuable to waste looking up lettuce calories, I'm assuming yours is too.


Here's what you'll need:

8 oz. ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 egg, large, beaten
dash of salt
Ground pepper, to taste








Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well.

Divide first into four sections, then make two sliders from each section.

At my house we only need a total of 4 for dinner, but I make a double batch and put 4 sliders per snack size Ziploc, separated with parchment paper.

I also put 4 Sandwich Thins Mini in a Zip lock so they'll be fresh when I need them.





Place burger on an oiled grate or frill over medium heat until they reach an internal temperature of 165F.

I love the way these brown up. That's one of the things I've never liked about turkey burgers, they never look done so I end up over cooking them and drying them out.






Okay, now we can get to building our sliders.

I toast the Sandwich Thins first, don't separate them until after you toast them... put them in the toaster whole.

I like to put some lettuce on the bottom, it keeps the bottom bun from getting too soggy.









Salsa takes the place of mayonnaise or mustard. It's low calorie, no fat, and what goes better with cilantro than salsa?












Top the salsa with a fresh slice of tomato... mmmmmm... I'm getting hungry all over again....














A few more leaves of lettuce. I love the crunch. Romaine is technically nutritionally better for you, but... at the end of the day, iceberg was on sale.












And here we have the finished sliders!

Yes, I did slide some extra tomato in there, I had extra, what are you gonna do? It's not like it's cheese or something.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment