Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta



I think this might just be the most delicious meal I've ever made, and it took all of 15 minutes!

Delicious, quick, healthy, AND inexpensive... is there anything missing? That was a rhetorical question folks... the answer is no.

I will be making this meal every time avocados are on sale.





Thank you for the inspiration Jo! Might I add great timing too, organic avocados are on sale at my favorite local produce spot (Ward's Supermarket for you locals) for $1.29 each, same price as the regular ones. I love when that happens.


You will swear there is cream in this recipe... but nope. All the ingredients <-----are right there!







Here is all you'll need:

  • 1 medium avocado
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1, 2, or 3 garlic cloves, you're choice. I can't get enough of the garlicky stuff!
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil
  • 2 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings of pasta, chef's choice (I used whole grain. A girl needs her fiber ya know.)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste


In the time it takes your pasta to cook, you'll have the sauce ready, so start with putting a pot of water on the stove to boil. Add a little salt (for taste) and olive oil (to keep the noodles from sticking).

Next, get to saucin' with your food processor.... which btw, I don't own, so I used my blender.

Process/blend until smooth: garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil.

Once smooth, add: avocado, basil, and salt. Blend until smooth.

When pasta is done cooking, drain and place in a bowl. Pour sauce on top and toss until pasta is fully coated.

Garnish with lemon zest if you like, and black pepper. Also, I felt inspired at the end and shaved a little bit of Parmesan I had in the fridge on the top.

That's it! You're going to LOVE this dish. When you try it, please come back and tell me what you think.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Like magic you did a vegan pesto. Did you even try? LOL. Absolutely can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had NO idea what I was doing. LOL A friend challenged me to find a week's worth of recipes around avocados, and this one, by miles, was the best of all the ones I tried! You're going to love this!

    ReplyDelete