Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bacon Asparagus Bundles


Anything... I mean anything wrapped in bacon is okay in my book!

I meant this to be a side dish, but the next time I make them they will be the entree.

I had green bean bundles at my cousin Karen's wedding, and thought they were amazing, but being a huge fan of asparagus, I've been excited to try these. I wish I hadn't waited so long.


Peak season for asparagus in the U.S. is April & May, and peak season for bacon is all day, every day, all the time, forever and ever, Amen.

I didn't really measure anything, but here's what I did: Pre-heat oven to 425

1 lb. asparagus
8 strips bacon (approximately)
olive oil
brown sugar (about a handful)
salt & fresh cracked pepper

Bend the bottom half of one asparagus stalk until it snaps at it's natural breaking point. Don't freak out if it's almost half, the bottom piece will taste woody, trust me, throw it away.

Once you've done this with one stalk, cut the rest at the same point.



I placed the asparagus in a large bowl, drizzled with olive oil, brown sugar and a sprinkle of sea salt.

Then wrap about 5 to 6 stalks in a slice of bacon, and place them on a lined baking sheet.

A few turns of fresh cracked pepper, and pop them into the oven.




Bake for 15 minutes, turn the bundles and bake for 15 more minutes.

I took them out of the oven and put them on a paper towel to soak up excess oils, then onto the serving dish.

This recipe is the perfect balance of good & evil. So delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment