Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Sweetheart's Martini


Valentine's Day is over, but it's still February, and it's Friday, so let's all have a cocktail!

Be warned though, these are so yummy and they will sneak up on you. Ask my sister, who was video chatting with me through the R & D last night.

She was there with me as I whipped out the first drink, (note that I said "first") and took pictures. Then we chatted while I sipped and we decided which pictures came out the best.

See the little red spots on top of the drink? I bought these eatable confetti hearts that I wanted to float on the top, they worked great when I tested them on a glass of water, not so great on vodka. I'm sure there is a science lesson in there somewhere. I'm also sure I don't care.

The confetti sunk to the bottom, which was okay, but it left these little red dots behind, so I wanted to make another one to get a better picture.

Off to the kitchen I went to make another drink... and forgot to take pictures. It went downhill from there, but the point is these drinks are delicious, and my sister had a good laugh at the show I put on for her.... dancing around my kitchen shaking the martini shaker while singing "shake it like a Polaroid picture".

Serves 2
  • 6 ounces Godiva white chocolate liqueur
  • 2 ounces Pinnacle whipped Cream vodka
  1. Wet the rim of the glasses with the vodka and dip into red sugar.
  2. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour ingredients into the shaker, and shake for 20 seconds. Works best if you sing "shake it like a Polaroid picture" while doing this step.
  3. Strain into glasses and enjoy!
















2 comments:

  1. My GOD you are fun. Thank you for giving Pinnacle's Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka an excuse for existing. It needed one. Now lend me some sugar, I AM your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're enjoying the blog! Let me know if you try this drink okay? Love to get feedback. PS... the chocolate martini didn't suck either. :)

    http://putthatonthelist.blogspot.com/2012/02/chocolate-martini.html

    ReplyDelete