Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

I Heart Pizza for Valentine's Day




I LOVE YOU pizza for Valentine's Day!


Cheesy... huh? Wow, that was corny even for me.


This one is another quick and easy...









  • store bought dough
  • pizza sauce in a jar
  • mozzarella cheese
  • sandwich size pepperonis (I used kitchen scissors to cut them into the shape of hearts)
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Set the dough out on the counter in the bag for one hour to rest.
  3. Flour the counter, and get to rollin' that dough.
  4. Have fun. This is an important step. If you don't have fun making a pizza it will reflect in the taste. Try playing pizza man and throw it in the air, but be really careful not to drop it.
  5. Sauce it, cheese it, cut the pepperonis and put your designer touch on your pie.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.


We all have loved ones in our lives. Why not share some fun food with them for Valentine's Day? Food that makes everyone smile. PIZZA!

While sharing this pizza with my 101 year old Grandmother, she told me the story of the first time she ever heard of pizza.

She was a young adult, still living at home with her family in Fall River, MA. A letter came from her sister Helen who lived in Long Island, NY. Helen told her about her daughter walking an hour to get this thing that was all the rage called pizza pie.

Seems strange, I just assumed pizza has been around forever. I was certain the dinosaurs dined on it, but no. The first pizzeria in NYC was Lombardi's, licensed in 1905. It was many years before this amazing food became mainstream for the rest of the country.


So, armed with your new found pizza trivia knowledge, go enjoy a little slice of love. Happy Valentine's Day!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks... so easy. You should make it for my neices for Valentine's Day tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat piece of history. I remember my 1st pizza,,,oh what a yummy thrill. I love Granma <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hearts so I'm going to substitute turkey bacon for the pepperoni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Crystal! I also toyed with the idea of trying to shape slices of plumb tomatoes into hearts, but this was so much easier.

    ReplyDelete