Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shelly's No Beans About It Chili

Being my first ever blog entry, this is bound to get better, but you have to start somewhere right? That being said, here we go...

I made my Chicken Wing Cupcakes for the Superbowl last week, and had WAY too many cornbread "cupcakes" left, so I decided to make some chili so we could eat them up before they went bad.

I don't care for beans in my chili, but by all means take this recipe and make it your own.

I usually push the cornbread muffin down into the middle of the chili, which makes it a full bowl, but I wanted you to be able to see the muffin.

**Note the vintage spoon. This was one of a set from my Grandmother's house, that I grew up eating with, and so did my father**

Instructions:

Brown the following together, then drain and add to tomato mixture below:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 lb. mild sausage
  • 1 large onion
  • Worsterchire sauce
  • tablespoon of Montreal seasoning

Throw these in a large stock pot:
  • 5 large fresh tomatoes (diced)
  • 1 can Delmonte garlic & onion diced tomatoes
  • 1 can Delmonte onion & green pepper diced tomatoes
  • 1 jalapeno pepper diced (seeded if you don't want too much heat)
  • 3 garlic cloves (I like to leave mine whole)
  • 1 tbsp. salt
  • fresh cracked black pepper (to taste, but remember the jalapeno is in there)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. mustard seed
  • 4 shakes of cinnamon (I keep mine in a shaker, don't know how much 1 shake equals)
  • 2 tbsp. grape jelly (I know, but trust me... just do it)
  • 1 tbsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tbsp. basil
  • 1/2 tbsp. oregano

Simmer.... for as long as you can stand it. I like about 2 hours.

Serve over rice or pasta, garnish wtih whatever you like... sour cream, chives, and/or cheese.

2 comments:

  1. OHHH, have family that doesn't like beans too. Thanks for recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind beans... but for some reason just don't like them in my chili. LOL

    ReplyDelete